Monday, April 27, 2009

Saline & Suckers

So we've been living in our love shack now for a little over 2 weeks. For those of you that were unaware, we sold our house back in February and finally closed on April 17 (thank God for getting a 2 week extension) otherwise we would have had to move with a 2 week old, instead of a 3 week old. We moved the weekend of Easter, and could not have asked for better weather. Dad, Mom, and baby are adjusting to "city living." On my part, it is very tempting to go out and get decaf coffee (don't want Kane bouncing off the walls yet) everyday, but I've been trying to limit myself to once or twice a week. But I do think I deserve a special treat when I go grocery shopping (Kroger has a Starbucks!). Other than that, we have been doing good.

The past couple of days, Kane has been having a really stuffy nose. As I've read, newborns are notoriously susceptible to this, and the solution is saline and sucking. Well, let the child abuse begin. I cannot say that Kane has been very fond of the saline spray or the nose sucker. Maybe I still need to refine my technique, but I feel so bad for him. As I have also read newborns don't breath through their mouths until about 4 - 6 months, so I have to listen to his stuffy little nose and feel horrible becuase I cannot get anything out with the sucker. So unfortunately I will continue to abuse my child and hopefully perfect my skill of nose sucking. Now the snot has started to drain down his throat, cause him to choke, gag, cough, and spit up more so than usual. I just wish I could make it stop. For those of you that have yet to experience this joy, you are in for a treat. And for everyone else, I have added one more patch to my parenting belt.

P.S. I promise I will post more pictures ASAP. You can check out his newborn pics on K Design Photography Password = aupperle

1 comment:

Sara T said...

OH the joys of a runny nose, colds, etc... There isn't much else you can do for him either since he is so little. Lots of love and cuddling... Hopefully he will get better soon. Where did you move to?