Sunday, June 28, 2009

Big News!

Well, it's been a little over a week since I've posted last and a lot has happened since then. First off, I got a speeding ticket on the way to a job interview. Thank the good Lord I got the job, otherwise Matt would really have been mad at me. I will now be working at Fisher Grade School, home of the Scotties (the bunny is the mascot at the HS). I will be teaching K-6 general music and JH choir. I'm really excited about the job and the building is really new and has air conditioning. Can't beat that with a big stick. The other exciting news is that we now have a house. We made a low ball offer in a gorgeous home, and when we got our first counter offer we thought it was over. Everything worked out and we will now be residing in Colfax. Of course, you might ask why Colfax... well, it's about as close to the middle as you can get between our places of work. Between Colfax and Le Roy, Colfax is much closer to the Fairbury/Towanda area. That way it won't be nearly as large of a hassle when we go visit. We can still go to church in McDowell.






The home is a 4 bed, 3 bath with a fireplace, sunroom, man cave, and two car garage. I'm really excited to finally have bought a house that we won't have to completely remodel. We won't move until mid August.... I can't wait.

1 comment:

Sara T said...

Congrats on the job- how exciting for you. Congrats on the beautiful home. My in-laws live in Colfax with a pool so we are there a lot. Hopefully we will see your around.