Monday, September 29, 2008

The quest for pants

I have always had a difficult time finding pants.  The typical problem is that they usually gap in the back regardless of whether I am bending over or not.  The only reason I can think of for why pants would do that is because I do not have a large enough belly to take up that waste band space.  Length is always a problem, no matter what brand, style, or fit they are.  Thank god I can sew.  Although I have taken numerous pairs to the AC ladies in Fairbury.  

Finding maternity pants has turned into an entirely new quest.  First of all, I know that at some point in time my belly will fill out that top band, as hard as that is to believe now.  The problem has to do with the hip and thigh area of the pants.  How in the heck are these crazy pants supposed to fit there?  I have been told (along with every other thing that I should and should not do) that I will need or like extra room there eventually.  But how much?  I just have a hard time spending my hard earned money on a pair of pants that looks like Ashlyn in her diaper.  I just cannot do it! What am I supposed to do now?  Most of my shirts are not long enough to cover the fact that my pants are not buttoned and somewhat unzipped.  At least if I wear a skirt, I can just pull the waist up higher to make it work.  

So far finding clothes has been the hardest problem.  I thought picking out furniture might be difficult, but that task was not so bad.  You can check it out here.  I am sure that there will be many more difficult decisions that will need to be made, so I am just going to take it all one day at a time.

3 comments:

Milissa said...

You know I like the furniture, its the same as Ashlyn's:)

Sara T said...

The furniture is awesome. You did a great job in picking it out. The fun is just beginning with all of the maturnity quest. I don't think you will have any troubles with your thighs and bottom getting bigger. I just think that you are going to grow in the tummy area and that is it. You are so tiny.

Tess Weber-Popejoy said...

Dont forget to maybe try those jeans I saw at Von Maur, they are in the Jr section so maybe they will be slimmer through the hips and legs... But I think they are pretty long (good thing you can sew)